FAA Part 107 Certified Pilot
B. Travis Wright, MPS is an FAA Part 107 Certified Drone Pilot; his photography and cinematography are featured in print, broadcast television, and in documentaries.
• Launched this endeavor having 12 years of multi-rotor, single-rotor, and fixed-wing experience prior to becoming a holder of an FAA Part 107 certificate (recurrent knowledge exam score: 100%) as well as a Class G Nationwide FAA 14 CFR § 107.29 daylight operations waiver to conduct commercial flight operations at night
• Established aerial authority with dozens of images used in newspaper stories; more than 48 video shorts have been featured in evening television news stories as well as in documentaries broadcast both locally and regionally
• Affirmed all commercial flights comply with the rules set forth by the FAA for UAV/UAS flights within the United States; TSA-vetted; participant in WINGS, the FAA’s Pilot Proficiency Program
• Planned flights with LAANC, filed town/city permits, and FAA waivers/authorizations; proficient in risk management/mitigation
• Delivered cumulative flight operations in excess of several hundred miles flown; oversaw flights as a visual observer (VO)
• Demonstrated perfect safety record and DronePro Representative with the FAA Safety Team; flights insurable to $25 million dollars
• Crafted and edited HD, full HD, 4K, 4K Dolby Vision HDR, Apple ProRes 422 HQ footage at 5.1K up to 50FPS, 5.4K, 5.6K, and 360° videos with Final Cut Pro; imagery is optimized by artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms
• Conducted flights for and available nationwide supporting broadcast television, commercial marketing, events, real estate, inspections, property imaging, viewshed analysis, Pix4D photogrammetry, and FLIR; offering no-charge search and rescue missions
• Published and award-winning landscape, engagement, wedding, architectural, and portrait photographer
More than a decade before drones, Travis operated multi-rotor, single-rotor, and fixed-wing aircraft and several years ago, he was certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to fly any drone under 55 pounds; a certification process that he re-tests for every two years. As an FAA Part 107 certified drone pilot, he also holds the necessary waiver to conduct commercial flight operations at night, nationwide. Travis fully understands and adheres to complicated airspace rules and FAA UAS regulations and manage a fleet of advanced, professional-grade, and broadcast quality drones. Having flown drones for years, his cumulative flight operations experience exceeds hundreds of miles and flight hours logged, all without any injuries, incidents, or accidents—ever; nonetheless, all flight operations are insurable up to $25 million dollars. In the event of questions, direct access to industry leaders, FAA resources, and other expert contacts is just a phone call away. I am also a Representative with the FAA Safety Team (FAASTeam) as a DronePro to help establish a positive safety culture within the aviation community.
If you’re looking for commercial drone work for your project in Grand County, Gilpin County, Boulder County, or Clear Creek County, please contact The Wright Flyer today to get started! Turnaround on most projects—from initial phone call to final deliverables uploaded—averages less than two days.