B. Travis Wright, MPS is the co-founder of Preserve Rollins Pass and is an author, historian, apprentice archaeologist, and public speaker.
• Researcher and author of multiple published and academic works on Rollins (Corona) Pass, a mountain pass and active archaeological site in the Southern Rocky Mountains of north-central Colorado
• Recognized area expert earned through extensive area exploration, primary and secondary research, multiple historical/archaeological discoveries, and years-long partnerships with professional archaeologists, land managers, and federal agencies including the US Forest Service
• Actively advocates for the preservation of this endangered historic—and prehistoric—site through public speaking at events of 50-200+ attendees, education, media and documentary interviews about Rollins Pass and the Moffat Tunnel, and engaging local, state, and federal representatives
• Leverages GIS tools and historic imagery to help determine efficacy of protected area management (impact assessment/change detection and policy analysis)
• Founded Preserve Rollins Pass and The John Trezise Archive for Rollins Pass Imagery
• Presents across Colorado discussing the past 12,000 years of history atop Rollins Pass; past and future public speaking events are detailed here